Sometimes getting up in the morning can be the hardest thing you’ll do all day. When life’s worries press down on you and take your soul hostage, the most important thing you can do for yourself is turn to God. He will always be there for you, through the good times and the bad.
With some help from Bible Study Tools, we have gathered eight encouraging Bible verses (NIV) to remind you that, even on your worst days, God is there and you will be OK.
1. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
2. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Psalm 120:1
3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
4. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22
5. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
6. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
7. The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10
8. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8